This week we went under the hood to look at nature and application of Customs data that tracks U.S. Waterborne Import Shipments from Overseas Suppliers and Sellers.
- U.S. Customs Data Primer Part 1: You Can’t Always Get What You Want… BUT
- U.S. Customs Data Primer Part 2: “Holes” in the Data & Other Frustrating Anomalies
- U.S. Customs Data Primer Part 3: The Devil (or a Worthwhile Treasure) is in the Details
- U.S. Customs Data Primer Part 4: Enlightenment Through Graphics & Diagrams
There are a number of previous articles wherein I have referred to other shortcomings and challenges inherent with the understanding and applying U.S. Customs data. Please note the following:
- TI Transformation: Data into Information into Knowledge into Intelligence into Application. Current trends and commoditization of U.S. Customs data.
- Trade Intelligence or TI: IT all depends upon how you define “IT” and “TI”. The plethora of current “Trade Intelligence” suppliers of U.S. Customs data.
- Understanding Data: Normalization Procedures with U.S. Customs Data. Normalization procedures for U.S. Customs data with accompanying charts
- U.S. Customs Waterborne Import Data: Perspective is Everything. Need for a broader understanding and application of trade data.
- U.S. Customs (AMS) Waterborne Shipping Manifest (BOL) Import Data. BOL fields listed with an excellent chart depicting relevant trade flows. A must read.
- The Use and Application of Trade Intelligence Can Be a Matter of Life and Death. Case Study for application of U.S. Customs data in “tainted toy” (lead paint) fiasco.
- Three part series: The ABCs of U.S. Customs Data – Issues & Shortcomings.
We also published several dozen articles focusing on the current Trade Intelligence purveyors of Customs data. The links provided below will pull up a handful of articles each – for a particular company, group of companies (in cases where they are “minor, second tier” providers) and summary evaluations. You can also find these articles, and others grouped by various categories, on the top navigation menu of this site.
- Overview of T.I. Providers
- UBM Global Trade /PIERS
- Import Genius
- Other Providers
Please refer to our Commercial Services Menu on the top navigational bar of this site for information on Application Licensing, Research & Writing Services, Database Repositories, Artificial Intelligence Engine as well as other Consulting, Project Management and Application Development Services.