Grace Chemicals Overview
W. R. Grace and Company is a large United States chemical company located in the Baltimore metropolitan area in Maryland. It has two divisions of chemical manufacturing: Davison Chemicals and Grace Construction Products. Davison Chemicals focuses on chemical catalyst, refining catalysts and silica based products which are mixed with refined crude oil to produce a plethora of items. Davison Chemicals make up roughly 64% of total sales. Grace Construction Products make cement and concrete additives, fire proofing chemicals, packaging sealants, finishing up the remaining 36% of sales. Grace Chemicals supports more than 6,400 employees and has annual sales of more than 2.5 billion dollars. Chemical export is one of the largest export markets in Baltimore, MD and Grace Chemicals is the third leading exporter by value of Baltimore. Piers offers a closer look at imports and exports of the company.
Grace Chemical’s Top Commodities
Piers reports that silicon dioxide is the top commodity shipped from Grace Chemicals and accounts for 37% of all shipments with an estimated value of 34 million dollars. Piers Prospects supplies the HS code for the products and number of shipments. A more valuable product, reaction initiators and accelerators, HS: 381590, makes up 6% of the total shipments, but produces an estimated value of 82 million dollars of exports.
Grace Company Export Destination and Value
With Piers, we see that Belgium is the top destination, receiving 23% of the total shipments with a value of almost 67 million dollars. United Kingdom receives 14% of the total shipments from Grace at an estimated value of 12 million dollars. Virgin Islands receives 5% of the export shipments while China receives 4%. China has an estimated value of 5 million dollars while the Virgin Islands have an estimated value of 72 million dollars. While China and Virgin Islands share almost the same percent of export shipments, the Virgin Islands estimated value is larger than even that of Belgium.
Detailed Shipping Information
The difference between the Belgium exports which account for 23% of the total exports and 67 million dollars and the Virgin Islands exports which only account for 5% of the total exports and yet make up a larger value of 72 million dollars is worth further investigation. One can take a more in-depth look at exact export shipments to selected countries. The two charts below are the last five shipments to each country and included at the bottom are links to the full data sets in Excel format which include in detail every shipment made in the last year to the two countries. From a simple comparative view we can look at the latest 5 shipments. We see that while Belgium receives many silicon dioxide shipments, Virgin Islands receive more expensive reaction initiators and catalyst. This difference in product accounts for the difference in value.
One Bill of Landing from Grace Company Baltimore to Belgium
Since the bill of landing is included with each shipment, of which we have hundreds to view, it would be beneficial to look at the most recent available shipment to Belgium, which took place 2 months prior to this article. The bill of landing details such information as the carrier, the specific vessel, the port, the vessel’s country of origin, the voyage, the date of departure, and the shipper. We can also see the exact count, weight, and commodity description.
- ©WorldTradeDaily.com® All rights reserved. Robert Thompson, Editor-in-Chief. Louisa Avery, Editor. Isaac Thompson, Research Writer.
- Check out our commercially available technologies, products and services. Contact: Robert@WorldTradeDaily.com
- For discounted subscriptions to PIERS Prospects and Stats Plus contact: Aliet Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “World Trade Daily”.