So What is the CGBP?
It is a “benchmark for competency in global commerce. The CGBP designation demonstrates an individual’s ability to conduct global business, including global business management, global marketing, supply chain management and trade finance. For candidates experienced in international trade, the certification confirms that knowledge. For candidates just beginning, it establishes a professional development goal to ensure a full understanding of the profession. For organizations, it assures that employees are able to practice global business at the professional level required in today’s competitive market.”
NASBITE contracted with Professional Examination Service to create the certification, thus ensuring the most reliable, professional and comprehensive exam. Many partners were enlisted on the international, federal, state, industry and local levels. From 10/2000 until 9/2002 feasibility studies with focus groups were held to determine support and identify issues. These were primarily international trade professionals from the private sector. From 07/02 until 09/03 was a practice analysis study to identify and validate the major areas of knowledge (domains). In the summer of 2003, 1500 experts in international trade were surveyed. The final stage was to develop the exam.
So who should become a CGBP?
- Individuals working in the profession
- Students studying for a career in the profession
- Individuals in small and large companies
- Students in 2 or 4 year college programs
What are the benefits of achieving this certification?
- Identifies to employers a proven competence in global business
- Assures an understanding of a broad range of issues rather than only one or two areas
- Use of the credential logo and wording on resumes and business card
- Prepare for the test.
- Practice test is available on-line with 75 questions.
- Pass the NASBITE CGBP exam which consists of 150 multiple choice questions. The exam fee is $395. The exam is offered at Prometric test centers in over 20 countries.
- Have completed either 2 years of college-level studies OR 2 years working in the field of global business
Go to the NASBITE website for more information. http://www.nasbitecgbp.org/cgbp-info/