Give us this day… our daily data: As an integral aspect of the WTD community, we are planning to provide members’ access to the following trade data repositories:
• World Statistics: Annual trade flow data (imports & exports) garnered from (up to) 192 countries, years 1996 through 2008. All commodities organized by HS code – by 2, 4 & 6 digit detail- as well as summary tables.
• U.S. Statistics: Annual trade flow data (imports & exports) also organized by HS code – by 2, 4, 6, & 10 digit detail along with summary tables; years 1989 to 2009.
• State Export Statistics: Annual trade flow data organized by HS code – by 2, 4, 6 digit detail along with summary tables; years 2000 to 2008.
• U.S. company information; a rather extensive database, accumulated and refined over a decade, that details U.S. companies engaged in some aspect of world trade; exporters and importers as well as ‘service’ related entities.
• Global trading companies; gathered from many sources over 10 years highlighting importers & exporters as well as ‘service’ related entities.
• China company /statistic database; a huge, transactional database of Chinese trading companies – along with virtually EVERY import and export transaction (including the values of each shipment) from years 2000 through 2006. Translated and normalized into English.
• U.S. Customs waterborne manifest data: a mammoth, highly refined database collection detailing virtually every U.S. import (waterborne) shipment– on a DAILY basis – from January 1, 2006 though May 31, 2010; Millions of transactions per year with extensive detail on products, shippers (sellers), importers (buyers) and shipping data.
• Reference tables: Normalization and referential tables that serve to LINK the various databases referenced above as well as provide easy access to and /or understanding of obtuse data such as harmonized code language, trade nomenclature or obscure data fields.
As you can see, some of the databases (although very valuable) are out of date. As WTD grows and gains community support (and sponsorship), we will be updating many of the referenced data collections as well as expanding upon the list.