Included in the original vision and mission when we launched WorldTradeDaily.com last May was offering advanced technologies and databases to the trade community at large (free of charge) with the idea of expanding the understanding and innovation within the field. Unfortunately, since “free” still requires considerable financial and technological resources to launch and maintain, this aspect of the original vision and mission have yet to be fulfilled. The expansive database repositories and advanced technologies still represent retained CenTradeX Assets that still possess tremendous intrinsic value. In 2012, I will attempt to better represent and promote these resources. To those interested in learning more, I suggest the following:
- Open source (free) access WTD database repositories.
- WTD Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) engine, analytics and reporting tools
Along those lines, we published a series of articles that represent the story behind WorldTradeDaily and the development of the innovative CenTradeX applications, acquired and now marketing by PIERS /UBM Global.
- Robert Thompson, Editor-in-Chief, World Trade Daily (an article by a reporter on Robert Thompson and the WorldTradeDaily.com start-up)
- World Trade Daily Vision and Mission
- WTD Backstory- Part 1; My Personal Journey Into the International Trade Arena
- WTD Backstory- Part 2; My Early Days with CenTradeX
- WTD Backstory- Part 3; My Later Days with CenTradeX
- WTD Backstory- Part 4; Acquisition of CenTradeX by UBM Global Trade/ PIERS
- WTD Backstory- Part 5: Retained CenTradeX Core Technologies & Licenses
- WTD Backstory- Part 6: Seedling of Vision & Inspiration by the WTCA
- Import Genius Part 1: Early Beginnings With Roots in the Importing Process and 3 other articles that week.
- Panjiva Part 1: A TI Platform with a Singular Business Purpose and 3 other articles that week.
- Datamyne, Part 1: Data Standardization and Product Code Attribution and 3 other articles that week.
- Zepol, Part 1: Fast, Faster, Fastest… Freakin’ Crazy Fast Search Engine and 3 other articles that week.
- PIERS, Part 1: The Fleet Battleship in an Ocean of TI Providers and 3 other articles that week.
- 2nd Tier TI Providers, Part 1: Top Secret & Ultra Top Secret Sources for Customs Data and 3 other articles that week.
- Survey of Trade Intelligence Providers: Review, Recap & Regards- Part 1 and 3 other articles that week.