Although, in June, we developed many articles around the suppliers, applications, shortcomings and potential dangers inherent within the U.S. Customs Waterborne Import Data, we also focused several stories on Statistical information:
- Trade Statistics: Discovering Market Opportunities Through Research & Analysis. Many times, the most important information that can be gleaned from statistical analysis is more questions.
- Global Trade Flow Statistics: Take a Look at the Big Picture. Global Trade Flow Statistics, organized within the hierarchy of roughly 6,000 commonly used and agreed upon product (HS) codes, tracks the imports and exports between each of 200 countries.
- Suppliers of Global Trade Flow Statistics: United Nations, GTIS & WISER. The most accessible and inexpensive source for global trade flow statistics is the United Nations COMTRADE database. If you want greater specificity and frequency, you will need to turn to other sources such as GTIS (Global Trade Information Services) and WISER Trade (World Institute for Strategic Economic Research).
- Trade Data Analysis and Reporting: Profile on Trade Professional David Schneider. David Schneider is one of the few people I’ve ever met who knows and loves trade data as much or more than I. He cranked out product sourcing analyses, market research, global industry reports and state export studies as regular as clockwork.
For those who want to know more about me, my professional background and how the World Trade Daily forum came about, you can check out the rather lengthy series of articles I wrote for your edification and enjoyment.
- Robert Thompson, Editor-in-Chief, World Trade Daily
- WTD Backstory- Part 1: My Personal Journey Into the International Trade Arena
- WTD Backstory- Part 2: My Early Days with CenTradeX
- WTD Backstory- Part 3: My Later Days with CenTradeX
- WTD Backstory- Part 4: Acquisition of CenTradeX by UBM Global Trade/ PIERS
- WTD Backstory- Part 5: Retained CenTradeX Core Technologies & Licenses
- WTD Backstory- Part 6: Seedling of Vision & Inspiration by the WTCA
- World Trade Daily Vision and Mission
Well, that’s enough about me. How about you? Several articles address how to get the most out of the site, understanding the categories and how you can participate in World Trade Daily.